When an owner wants to list their car for the first time, they should follow the below steps:
- The owner should make a reservation to list their car
- Once the owner arrives to the key lockbox, they should select the “Set up New Key” button on the screen and enter the 8-digit code displayed on the app.
- During set up, the owner will be prompted to remove a key fab from one of the boxes, close the bin, attach key fob to keys, and then scan key fob
- After finishing setup, the owner should touch the screen and select “Key Drop Off” and enter the same key code that was displayed on the app.
- The owner should put the keys in the box that opens, shut the door once they are done.
There is also a plaque on the Key Café lockbox that explains how to go about setting up a new key/car.